Friday, May 31, 2013

Hanging the show for ProArts Studio Tour

Art Show this weekend and next! 

1719 1/2 63rd St. Berkeley. 

Sat and Sun  / 11-5 


This will be a fun exhibit to showcase a few separate collections from my illustration and fine art portfolio. Three of the four flats in my building will be exhibiting artwork so the energy will be strong!  



For the last 1.5 years I have been working primarily with deviantART.com, must if that time as Art Director of Brands and as lead Beta Tester for the drawing program called dA muro. So much of my recent illustration has been focused on apparel design, live art exhibits, advertising spots, and replayable illustration.   It has been a blast, but not that dynamic for the making of new traditional work. 



This open studio exhibit will showcase my work from my MFA thesis and other fun episodes. It is already a catalyst for making a new body of work. 



Oh yeah!!!! 

I did do five new collaborative pieces with my super talented neighbor @danielherlihy. Really fun characters on bikes that he took and rocked full of tattoos. 



This is the series that we did together all done up in vintage frames!